- 1 cup white sugar, or ½ cup white sugar and ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup clover honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 3 large Gala or Fuji apples and 1 Granny Smith apple
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Beat sugar and oil, until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add honey and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Add flour mixture to liquid mixture.
- Shred or grate apples and add to cake batter.
- Bake in a liberally greased Bundt pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
By Alex Idov
The content in this page is produced by Chabad.org, and is copyrighted by the author and/or Chabad.org. If you enjoyed this article, we encourage you to distribute it further, provided that you do not revise any part of it, and you include this note, credit the author, and link to www.chabad.org.